Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
MikeHo
Yutakaa
6 posters

TERA Online

Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

TERA Online Empty TERA Online

Post by Yutakaa Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Spoiler:

What is TERA?

TERA is the first true action MMORPG. What does that mean? TERA provides all the depth of any MMO–quests, crafting, an intricate plot, PvP, and more–combined for the first time with the satisfaction and skill of a console action game. No more are you confined to tabbing and then standing around and eating a sandwich while taking on a boss. You're at the center of the action, hitting where you aim and reacting in real-time to dodge and move out of the way when attacked. In TERA, skill and substance combine for an entirely new MMORPG experience.

Spoiler:

Tera is a Korean MMO (like Mabinogi) I've been looking at for a while that I would love to play. It's beautiful, enchanting, and fun looking. All the spells and abilities in TERA are aimed meaning if someones swinging a sword at you, you can actually jump back to avoid the hit, or if you see a fireball flying towards you, you can roll left/right to miss the spell. It has lots of races and lots of classes, and none of the cheap ones like rouges or thieves that use daggers and stealth. Its currently out in South Korea, but its still being localized for NA.

One thing that I really like is that TERA isn't afraid of being cute too unlike many modren westren MMO's. Once it comes out I would most defentily playing as an Elin.

Spoiler:

Oh god they're sooooo cute. Squealblush

I'm looking forward to Tera and just wanted to let you guys know about it too.
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

TERA Online Empty Re: TERA Online

Post by MikeHo Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Ya Ive seen this game awhile back was going to try to get into beta but then got lazy.

The best part is its very extensive and quest can get you to end game at a reasonable pace.

Alot of end game revolves around hunting boss for drops and stuff. But i hear that's pretty fun though a little repetitive.

Its also P2P btw.
    Bann
    Bann

Post by Bann Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:45 pm

that looks really cool!
    Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

Post by Yutakaa Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:29 pm

MikeHo wrote:Ya Ive seen this game awhile back was going to try to get into beta but then got lazy.

The best part is its very extensive and quest can get you to end game at a reasonable pace.

Alot of end game revolves around hunting boss for drops and stuff. But i hear that's pretty fun though a little repetitive.

Its also P2P btw.

I tried getting into Betas, but every time I'm not selected. OTL

It is P2P, but I'm sure they will roll out a one week free trail system some time after launch, like most P2P MMO's have.
    Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

Post by Yutakaa Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Im always watching Tera videos, heres some funny ones. Hopeful...ish

Spoiler:
    MabNoodle
    MabNoodle
    Blue Voodoo Leader Lady

Post by MabNoodle Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:49 am

Looks pretty sick, but the P2P makes me grimace.

Definitely looking forward to hearing more things about it, though~
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Its promising but we will see.
    Geluberserk
    Geluberserk
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Geluberserk Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:40 pm

I just don't like P2P games at all. It sucks cause a lot of the good ones are, and I guess thats why its P2P..
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:27 am

Well sometimes you waste more money on F2P Cash Shop then a P2P
    69Avocado69
    69Avocado69
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by 69Avocado69 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Meh. Game looks somewhat interesting, but I'm not all that into that kind of fantasy. I dislike feeling high when playing a game. Out of curiosity, what are the names of that one devil-looking race and the angel-looking one? (The second and last race showcased in the "Every possible race/gender/class combination" video). Also, what is that floating disk class called? o-o
    Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

Post by Yutakaa Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 pm

69Avocado69 wrote:Meh. Game looks somewhat interesting, but I'm not all that into that kind of fantasy. I dislike feeling high when playing a game. Out of curiosity, what are the names of that one devil-looking race and the angel-looking one? (The second and last race showcased in the "Every possible race/gender/class combination" video). Also, what is that floating disk class called? o-o

Yea its all in Korean so you cant understand it. Frustration

Those would be Castanic and High Elves. (yea every MMO has elves, even the ones with original races. >_>)

Also the floating disc would be your standard Sorcerer class. In Tera every class only uses one Weapon type.

TANKS
    Duel wielded swords: Warrior
    Lance and large shield: Lancer

DPS
    Giant sword: Slayer
    Giant battle axe: Berserker
    Bow: Archer
    Disc: Sorcerer

HEALING
    Staff: Priest
    Wand: Mystic
    69Avocado69
    69Avocado69
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by 69Avocado69 Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Thanks for the list 8D
    I'll look into the game and see if I like it. I hope the racial differences make up for the fact that every race has the same classes, though :c

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:29 pm