Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking

MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking  Empty Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking

Post by MikeHo Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:08 pm

By Eric Wilkinson
    KING5 KING5
    updated 4/19/2011 9:22:33 PM ET 2011-04-20T01:22:33

ISSAQUAH, Wash. - Like many 12-year-olds, Leslie Cote keeps track of her friends on Facebook. What she didn't realize is how they can quickly turn to enemies.

"They pretty much backstabbed me because I trusted them," she said.

When Leslie logged on last month she discovered someone was posing as her, posting sexually explicit photos and propositioning boys for sex.

"It made me feel really bad like people would think I was disgusting," said the Issaquah Middle School 6th grader.

At one point the suspects even started instant messaging boys — arranging dates where lewd sex acts were to be performed.

"It was unbelieveable," said Leslie's stepfather, Jon Knight. "They were asking boys if they want to have oral sex, giving out the phone number and address of where Leslie lives for the boys to come over."

Adding to the family's frustrations was the attitude of police who came to investigate.

"The officer pretty much wanted to dismiss it and didn't feel it warranted a report because they're just kids," said knight.

Those "kids" all ended up in court on Tuesday. After years of run-ins at school, on the playground and now the Internet, Leslie was granted a temporary restraining order against the two girls she used to call friends. King County prosecutors are considering charges against the two for cyberstalking.

Leslie's mother, Tara Cote, has little sympathy.

"I feel bad for the parents. They have to take care of this. But, I mean ... take control of your kid," she said.

Prosecutors say it is tough to get a cyberstalking charge to stick because there has to be a pattern of harassment over the Internet. A one-time incident like this usually doesn't constitute a crime. There are, however, other charges that families can pursue, such as "computer trespass" that are easier to prove.

"They have to learn there are real people who have real feelings who are hurt by their actions," said Cote'.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42672501?GT1=43001
    Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking  Empty Re: Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking

Post by Yutakaa Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

This reminds me of one of my little sisters friends, who one day just decided she wanted to be the head !@#$% around and started using my sister as a punching bag.

Ill never understand why middle/high school girls always treat each other so bad.
    MabNoodle
    MabNoodle
    Blue Voodoo Leader Lady

Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking  Empty Re: Girls, 11 and 12, may be charged with cyberstalking

Post by MabNoodle Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Those girls... Well, prolly the whole school knows by now so they're ruined for their student life. That's a punishment imo.

Yutakaa wrote:Ill never understand why middle/high school girls always treat each other so bad.

I have no idea why they do that. I'm separated from the drama so I can watch it all and... It's pretty bad nowadays.
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:39 am

The drama is so dumb. Bitchy girls are soooooo annoying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm