Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Raising a mage?

Bann
    Bann

Raising a mage? Empty Raising a mage?

Post by Bann Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Hey all;
    So i just started with my alt again, and i wanted to make him into a mage Nyah~

what skills should i get? He's a level 15 without any skills but rank C range

thanks in advance!
    MabNoodle
    MabNoodle
    Blue Voodoo Leader Lady

Raising a mage? Empty Re: Raising a mage?

Post by MabNoodle Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Mmm. Depends what kinda mage you want. Ice mage, fire mage, lightning mage, a mix of them, etc.

Generally for beginners, though...
    Rank musical knowledge and composing first to make it a bit easier for you, I'd say.
    Then Icebolt to r9 and lightningbolt to r5 for now (and firebolt to rF). Also rank critical hit and magic mastery while you're at it xD
    Fusion bolt to rF would be a good move as well, as would ranking meditation a bit.

The elemental masteries really depend on your preference of skills and what you prefer to use more. They're not too much use in the beginning, though, so save them for after you get an adv magic.

When you get to adv magic, you could invest in IS since you're an elf so the low mana cost will be amazing, but you should still get TH to r6 (at the very least r9) so you could raft on your mage elf.

I think that's all a beginner mage needs...
    Yutakaa
    Yutakaa
    Forum Baby

Post by Yutakaa Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 am

I use to know the best possible formula for training magic and getting the most out of your AP. Sadly though with all the new updates and skills I'm not sure whats best anymore, but I can still give you a general idea of how you should do it.

The 3 most important things you want to collect at first is Int, Mana, and Magic Balance. Those are all the stats that give your spells more damage (other then Masteries). So what you should do first is rank Icebolt to 6 and just keep it there for a while. Rank 6 is the most damage efficient rank when it comes to MP usage. Once you have that go crazy with your stats. Rank Magic Mastery all the way to 1 if you can, or as high as you can get it. Every rank of Magic Mastery gives 1% Balance, 10 MP, and later on some Int which is everything you need all in 1 skill. Other skills you want to rank is Meditation, Composing, Music Theory, and any life skill that gives stats for low AP costs if you have the spare time (Potion making).

Now Rank 6 Icebolt is kinda weak, but once you have a decent amount of Int and Mana you can move onto Lightingbolt. If you skipped over the support skills you would've had a really weak Lightingbolt that eats mana like crazy. Get this skill right up to rank 1. No joke, marathon it. It will take a few rebirths but once its rank one you ll have a very strong spell that you can spam at your leisure. Then once you finally have rank 1 Lightingbolt marathon rank 6 Thunder. Yes I know this is gona take EVEN LONGER, but rank 6 thunder is one of the best skills in the game for a mage. You ll be using it for just about everything at this point.

Once you finally have Rank 1 Lightingbolt and Rank 6 Thunder you should be going through dungeons with no trouble. This could take as many as 12+ rebirths though. But once you get here you can start ranking just about anything you want! I would say to rank either Mana Shield or Lighting Mastery. You can even finish off Thunder to rank 1, but the last 5 ranks for that costs A LOT OF AP with little damage increase so its not suggested until later on.

Hope that helped. Epic Pose
    Toyia
    Toyia

Post by Toyia Sun May 01, 2011 2:28 am

wow where have you been all my life yuta suks i have all r9 magic skill...
    /hides the fact thunder is only rf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content