Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
69Avocado69
Beefie
MabNoodle
MikeHo
8 posters

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience!

MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! Empty Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience!

Post by MikeHo Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Some of the most common feedback we’ve heard about Mabinogi from players when starting out is that the game is simply too hard or too different from the other types of games players are used to out in the world. We’ve heard these concerns and wanted to make the beginner experience a little friendlier to new players who are just getting started in their Fantasy Lives.

Thirteen Nao Soulstones
    The first thing we’ve done is added three more Nao Soulstones to a starting player’s inventory. While it may not seem like much, those three additional stones can make the difference in a beginner completing a dungeon, or suffering the harsh consequences of being knocked out in battle and having to start from the beginning.

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! 00B4k-07042e13-4567-45ce-b7f3-2acc4fa5c453

Free Skill Resets
    When starting out in Mabinogi, a player may often be blown away by the amount of skills in the game, attempting to acquire as many as possible in the early levels. While it is commendable that a new player would want to learn as many skills as possible, sometimes we make mistakes that we wish we could erase. Duncan, the village chief in Tir Chonaill, now has the ability to reset all trained skills to skill level F. This is not only a great way of amending mistakes in training skills, but will also allow beginners to try out different types of skill sets, from Archery or Alchemy to Magic or Life Skills. Duncan’s free skill resets will be offered until the account reaches a cumulative level of 100.

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! 00B4k-e16da419-4d68-4a7d-aeab-1fa1b4e413f9

Free 7-day Thoroughbred Horse Pet
    Another common point of feedback we’ve received about Mabinogi is the sheer amount of travel that is needed to do in order to complete quests, especially when a player embarks on one of Mabinogi’s mainstream stories. To address this problem, we have placed a free Thoroughbred pet card in every new player account that is below cumulative level 100. The Thoroughbred is an excellent and speedy mount and is sure to whisk players along in their travels across Erinn. However, the free Thoroughbred's inventory has been disabled and pet will expire seven days after it is created.

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! 00B4k-99e2f3fc-6666-4048-9335-ecde4e80286f

With all the great new features added for Beginner Service in Mabinogi, there has never been a better time to start!
    MabNoodle
    MabNoodle
    Blue Voodoo Leader Lady

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! Empty Re: Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience!

Post by MabNoodle Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm

I'd also like to add beginner characters get free RB's every 24 hours until they're total lvl100.
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience! Empty Re: Introducing the new Mabinogi beginner experience!

Post by MikeHo Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 pm

In exploration or cumulative level. So basically the only thing this one is good for is getting a journal entry. Who really cares lol. More ppl playing mabinogi is a good thing
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:39 am

cumulative level only mike

/starts rageing FrustrationRage FrustrationRage FrustrationRage

the 100 lvl total limit is NOT COUNTING expl. So People will rb every day and will either raft with a main/friend/guild or expl with L-rods. Thats 20minutes of expl a day for over 300ap a month, 600+ap if they raft with help/grinds.... At that rate a player can BEAT, YEA BEAT :/, the game in months. i think im losing interest in mabi just typing this,........ cuz in 3 months a newbie at lvl 50 can be stronger then me. In 5+ months he's the strongest person in mari including the GM's. and all with their free service. the worst part is people will prolly make an expl bot that rb's every 24 hrs, put it on a spare computer or VMware and run it with little to no work. so the honest people in mabi get no service, no rb's, left far behind on skills/stats/ap, super short trans compared to exploiters and we get a new type of bot to annoy us.

/ends rageing:/grah/:Rage FrustrationRage FrustrationRage

so i say nexon take ur time and remove this whole 24hr rb thing(/just rb to 17 last week hehehe). this plus the 3 or 4 downtimes this week is tearing there business apart fast. FrustrationRage FrustrationRage FrustrationRage Frustration

69Avocado69
    69Avocado69
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by 69Avocado69 Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm

But if they're new to Mabi, how will they know to abuse expl lvl?
    MabNoodle
    MabNoodle
    Blue Voodoo Leader Lady

Post by MabNoodle Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm

I'd just like to say they'll prolly patch that if enough players rage.

Also, I'd like to point out real noobs won't think of this. They'll only hear about it from pros, so really, it's just pros getting pro'er...

Edit: Exactly, Chris. So the newbies won't be doing this. The pros will.
    69Avocado69
    69Avocado69
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by 69Avocado69 Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

I say we complain on the Nexon forums 8D Weekly RBs until lvl/expl lvl 100 seems fine if you ask me
    Soup
    Soup

Post by Soup Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:00 pm

I was raging too until I realized one thing: Yes, grinding explore will get you a TON of AP, but whats the use of AP if you can't rank any skills? You'll need to train them first, and to do that youll need to do combat and inadvertently level. Are there going to be the jackasses who suck 500 AP out of this easily exploitable loophole? Ya prolly, but theyve still gotta train windmill to 1, theyve still gotta run dungeons for final hit and they've still gotta run through all their mainstream quests. Once they start doing any of that their gig is done.

Having said that, i think its absolutely ridiculous and should be removed. Keep the other things, theyre shiny enough to attract noobs and arent exploitable.
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 pm

i figure all the expliots would make mule's rb and lvl expl with them for 20mins a day then spend the rest of the time on there main
    Giephri
    Giephri

Post by Giephri Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 am

Hmm... so what if you completed G2/G3 and G10/G11/G12 and can rebirth every 24 hours until level 100, will those free rebirths add up to your transformation time as well as give exp to your Demigod skills? Idk this idea came to my mind just now and I became really curious...
    Sushi~
    Sushi~
    Forum Baby

Post by Sushi~ Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 am

It probably will, since it adds to your total count.. But is it possible for you to finish all those quests under level 100? o3o
    Giephri
    Giephri

Post by Giephri Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 am

Wow that would be pretty epic if it can do that. You could get all Demigod skills to r1 in less than two months. But the exploration AP thing is worse and I agree that it's just nonsense.

I'm not really sure if it's possible to finish all of them under level 100 but I'm level 92 so far and I finished G2, G9, G10, G11, and G13. I guess that was possible because of my upgraded/enchanted equips as well as my pets and Naos. Maybe it isn't possible for a regular beginner but who knows? :o
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 am

i doubt its possible to beat g1-g3 below 100 let alone g9 with 24 rb. Becuz lvl 0-10 is only 14k exp. Thats 5-20 monsters or g9 basic is prolly 50+ levels of exp by itself
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 pm

Remember each rebirth adds 1 Level. Which means they can only rebirth about 100 times.

This means they can get the AP up to only about 2500 AP.
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:36 pm

rbing adds a lvl?
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes. That is why you are always lose an AP because when you RB you are level 1. Not level 0.

So now its a debate for newbies to get 2500 AP or level 100 cumulative. But i got to say getting to level 25 exploration without leveling would be a pain in the ass. Cause you level so easily at level one.
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

but is the lvl 1 added to ur total?
    Toyia
    Toyia

Post by Toyia Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:53 pm

its possible to do g1-g13 in 68 lvls
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:53 am

Yes it is added to your total.
    Toyia
    Toyia

Post by Toyia Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 am

total is 68
    MikeHo
    MIKEPHO THE MODERATOR

Post by MikeHo Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 am

The yes is to beefie not you. And is this theoretical or has been done? I know its possible with enough perseverance but it would be such a pain.
    Beefie
    Beefie
    FORUM TROLL!

Post by Beefie Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 am

Toyia wrote:its possible to do g1-g13 in 68 lvls

not if you rb,lvling 67 to 68 is the same exp as lvling 1 to 31.
    Toyia
    Toyia

Post by Toyia Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:36 pm

i think its 2 rbs i have to ask my friend

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 am